Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Fri May 11, 2012
Highway to Mount St. Helens reopens Saturday
TOUTLE, Wash. — Visitors to Mount St. Helens will be able to drive close to the volcano this weekend.
The state Transportation Department is reopening the Spirit Lake Highway on Saturday. It was closed by snow in January.
The highway takes visitors to the Johnston Ridge Observatory where they can look into the crater. It reopens for the season on Sunday.