Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri May 11, 2012
Highway to Mount St. Helens reopens Saturday
TOUTLE, Wash. — Visitors to Mount St. Helens will be able to drive close to the volcano this weekend.
The state Transportation Department is reopening the Spirit Lake Highway on Saturday. It was closed by snow in January.
The highway takes visitors to the Johnston Ridge Observatory where they can look into the crater. It reopens for the season on Sunday.