Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Highway to Mount St. Helens reopens Saturday
TOUTLE, Wash. — Visitors to Mount St. Helens will be able to drive close to the volcano this weekend.
The state Transportation Department is reopening the Spirit Lake Highway on Saturday. It was closed by snow in January.
The highway takes visitors to the Johnston Ridge Observatory where they can look into the crater. It reopens for the season on Sunday.