Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Hoquiam Loggers Playday T-shirt mocks bin Laden
HOQUIAM, Wash. — The Loggers Playday community festival in Hoquiam is raising eyebrows with a T-shirt mocking Osama bin Laden. It's a cartoon of bin Laden tied to a log with the caption "Osama Bin Loggin.'"
Organizers say they got the idea because the festival on Sept. 10 is so close to the tenth anniversary of 9-11and because of the killing in May of the terrorist mastermind. The T-shirts are being sold for $15 at local businesses and raise money for a scholarship.
The T-shirt maker, Christian Burgess of Jacknut Apparel, told The Daily World critics on the Loggers Playday Facebook page have called the T-shirt tacky and in very poor taste.
One area resident, Jeanne Ward, printed several T-shirts that say, "My Hoquiam is a Hate Free Zone."