Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 16, 2012
Hottest days of the year expected in W. Washington
The National Weather Service says Thursday and Friday are likely to be the hottest days of the year in Western Washington.
Forecasters issued an excessive heat warning with highs in the 90s for the Puget Sound area including Seattle, Tacoma, Bremerton and Everett. A push of marine air should bring some relief on Saturday in Western Washington.
In Eastern Washington, the hot, dry weather will last into the weekend. Forecasters say high temperatures could break 100 in some areas before cooling slightly early next week. Forecasters say the hot, dry conditions mean rapid growth is possible at wildfires already burning and new ones that could break out.
Shots - Health Blog