Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 31, 2013
How Deflating: Huge Rubber Duck Goes Flat In Taiwan
Originally published on Tue December 31, 2013 8:23 am
Earlier this year, it was Hong Kong's six-story tall rubber duck that went pffff.
Now, there's word from Taiwan that another of Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's floating works of art has collapsed.
The BBC reports that "the giant inflatable" burst suddenly Tuesday "in front of scores of people gathered on a quayside" in Keelung Port.
Organizers are apologizing and promise to figure out what happened.
As we've previously reported, Hofman believes his ducks promote "peace and harmony."
Related news: He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame