Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 31, 2013
How Deflating: Huge Rubber Duck Goes Flat In Taiwan
Originally published on Tue December 31, 2013 8:23 am
Earlier this year, it was Hong Kong's six-story tall rubber duck that went pffff.
Now, there's word from Taiwan that another of Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's floating works of art has collapsed.
The BBC reports that "the giant inflatable" burst suddenly Tuesday "in front of scores of people gathered on a quayside" in Keelung Port.
Organizers are apologizing and promise to figure out what happened.
As we've previously reported, Hofman believes his ducks promote "peace and harmony."
Related news: He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame