Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 9, 2011
How has the roiling bad economy hit your life?
We are working on a story about the REAL impact of the ongoing economic woes. We want to know, what one thing has been affected most in your life by the turbulent economy?
Come to our Facebook page to join the conversation and tell us your story. Here’s a few of the responses so far:
“Losing my home and trying to short sell it because of being unemployed for 2 years. Having to take a PT job in a completely new industry from what I was trained for. And making half the money I used to. But experiencing the wealth I have in friends, family and health. Learning to live on less while having an amazing life. ;)”
“ … we had to save to go on a weekend camping trip My wife has been out of work for over 2 years, theemotional wear and tear has been the hardest on me. I can not read or listen to things about the economy for very long. The greatest challenge for me is not letting this take over my sense of joie de vivre.”
“ … I work in the construction industry, which has been decimated here in the Northwest.”