Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
KPLU news internship
Fri March 25, 2011
The Humanosphere internship
This is where journalism meets global health and the fight against poverty.
The KPLU blog Humanosphere, a news website that covers global health and development from Seattle, is looking for a part-time intern to help build community through social media. The blog has developed a growing Twitter community. We’d like to amplify that growth, and we are now ready to build our presence on Facebook.
The intern will mainly be tasked with creating and implementing a Facebook strategy, in coordination with KPLU. This will include writing and editing daily updates to the Humanosphere Facebook page.
Humanosphere is a joint reporting project between KPLU and NPR, housed at KPLU’s downtown Seattle offices.
We prefer an intern with some journalistic experience and/or some knowledge of global health and development. The intern may also occasionally assist in researching stories, or working with photos and videos. Other duties may be assigned according to ability.
This is an unpaid internship. The days and hours will be negotiated. It's expected to last four months.
The intern will report to the manager of Humanosphere, and will assist the blogger.
April 22, 2011 May 7, 2011
1. Experience using Facebook to benefit an organization.
2. Experience using Twitter.
3. Preferred: Understands the issues and jargon of global health and development.
4. Works independently.
To apply, please send a letter and resume to:
Keith Seinfeld, kseinfeld at kplu.org