Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Wed May 15, 2013
Inmate sentenced to death in prison guard slaying
A 54-year-old inmate has been sentenced to death for killing a Washington state corrections officer in a prison chapel two years ago.
A Snohomish County Superior Court jury took about an hour to convict him of aggravated murder last Thursday, and the same jury sentenced him to death Wednesday morning. The only other possible sentence was life in prison without release.