Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed May 15, 2013
Inmate sentenced to death in prison guard slaying
A 54-year-old inmate has been sentenced to death for killing a Washington state corrections officer in a prison chapel two years ago.
A Snohomish County Superior Court jury took about an hour to convict him of aggravated murder last Thursday, and the same jury sentenced him to death Wednesday morning. The only other possible sentence was life in prison without release.