Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 6, 2013
Inslee Names New Chief of Staff
Gov. Jay Inslee has a new chief of staff.
Inslee on Wednesday named senior adviser Joby Shimomura to the position, replacing Mary Alice Heuschel, who has served as chief of staff since January.
Heuschel will now lead state efforts, on an interim basis, to implement an updated program for officials to track data on government performance and efficiency.
Shimomura, 41, served as Inslee's chief of staff for six years when he was in Congress and managed several of his campaigns. She has served on the governor's executive team since he took office in January.