Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 6, 2013
Inslee Names New Chief of Staff
Gov. Jay Inslee has a new chief of staff.
Inslee on Wednesday named senior adviser Joby Shimomura to the position, replacing Mary Alice Heuschel, who has served as chief of staff since January.
Heuschel will now lead state efforts, on an interim basis, to implement an updated program for officials to track data on government performance and efficiency.
Shimomura, 41, served as Inslee's chief of staff for six years when he was in Congress and managed several of his campaigns. She has served on the governor's executive team since he took office in January.