Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed March 28, 2012
Inslee Reverses Course, Agrees To AWB Debate
Originally published on Wed March 28, 2012 12:00 am
Democratic candidate for Washington governor Jay Inslee has reversed course and now says he will participate in a June debate sponsored by the Association of Washington Business, the state's chamber of commerce. Public Radio Olympia Correspondent Austin Jenkins will moderate the event.
The move comes just days after Inslee said he would not participate in the Spokane face-off. The AWB debate has become a tradition in Washington gubernatorial races over the past 20 years.
The two leading candidates continue to swap proposals for other debates. Earlier this week, Republican Rob McKenna committed to 15 possibilities between June and Election Day. The Inslee campaign expects to counter with its own list of preferred debate locations and hosts.
On the Web:
2012 AWB debates:
Jay Inslee campaign site:
Rob McKenna campaign site:
Copyright 2012 Northwest News Network