Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Wed March 28, 2012
Inslee Reverses Course, Agrees To AWB Debate
Originally published on Wed March 28, 2012 12:00 am
Democratic candidate for Washington governor Jay Inslee has reversed course and now says he will participate in a June debate sponsored by the Association of Washington Business, the state's chamber of commerce. Public Radio Olympia Correspondent Austin Jenkins will moderate the event.
The move comes just days after Inslee said he would not participate in the Spokane face-off. The AWB debate has become a tradition in Washington gubernatorial races over the past 20 years.
The two leading candidates continue to swap proposals for other debates. Earlier this week, Republican Rob McKenna committed to 15 possibilities between June and Election Day. The Inslee campaign expects to counter with its own list of preferred debate locations and hosts.
On the Web:
2012 AWB debates:
Jay Inslee campaign site:
Rob McKenna campaign site:
Copyright 2012 Northwest News Network