Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
National Guard equipment
Thu July 25, 2013
Inslee Seeks Modern Equipment for Guard Brigade
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is seeking more modern equipment for a National Guard brigade in the state.
Gov. Jay Inslee asked national officials Thursday to convert the 81st Armored Brigade Combat Team to a Stryker brigade. That shift would give the National Guard updated equipment that may have previously been used in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Inslee says the old tanks being used by the 81st are too heavy to use on roads during emergencies, such as earthquakes and floods.
The governor's office says there is currently only one National Guard Stryker brigade in the country.