Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
National Guard equipment
Thu July 25, 2013
Inslee Seeks Modern Equipment for Guard Brigade
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee is seeking more modern equipment for a National Guard brigade in the state.
Gov. Jay Inslee asked national officials Thursday to convert the 81st Armored Brigade Combat Team to a Stryker brigade. That shift would give the National Guard updated equipment that may have previously been used in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Inslee says the old tanks being used by the 81st are too heavy to use on roads during emergencies, such as earthquakes and floods.
The governor's office says there is currently only one National Guard Stryker brigade in the country.