Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 27, 2011
Inslee starts campaign for governor, says he'll create jobs
Democratic Rep. Jay Inslee says he is running for governor to build a new job-creating economy in the state.
Inslee officially launched his campaign Monday morning at a biotech firm in downtown Seattle. He says he understands the array of jobs in the state because he's done everything from driving bulldozers, to practicing law to teaching community college classes.
The Democrat says he wants to harness innovation in Washington to create jobs. He's spent more than a decade in Congress, representing a district that covers the northern suburbs of Seattle.
Attorney General Rob McKenna has already declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination. Inslee plans to campaign in the Yakima Valley later Monday and additional campaign stops in Tacoma, Vancouver and Spokane on Tuesday.