Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 29, 2012
It's a girl: Baby born on Seattle-bound ferry
KOMO reports that a woman went into labor Thursday afternoon about 10 minutes after the M/V Tacoma left the Bainbridge Island dock. A mid-wife, two EMTs and a physician's assistant traveling on board helped deliver the infant. Ferry spokeswoman Marta Coursey says baby Lucy was delivered safely.
Medics met the woman at Coleman Dock and took her and her child to Swedish Medical Center.