Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Jay Thomas Quartet featured in concert on Jazz Northwest
Seattle multi-instrumentalist Jay Thomas leads his quartet in highlights from an Art of Jazz concert at The Seattle Art Museum on KPLU's Jazz Northwest this Sunday at 1 PM. Jay Thomas is a long-time fixture on the Seattle Jazz scene, having performed with a preceding generation of musicians and now teaching a new generation as he continues to perform. Leading his own quartet in this concert, the music includes some rare pieces from the Sixties, a Swedish folk song, and one more recent piece. Jay Thomas plays trumpet, flugelhorn and tenor sax and is joined by John Hansen, piano, Chuck Kistler, bass and Adam Kessler on drums in this concert.
The Art of Jazz concerts are presented by Earshot Jazz on the second Thursday of each month at The Seattle Art Museum from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program is heard weekly on Sundays at 1 PM Pacific and a podcast is also available at kplu.org after the broadcast.