Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Jazz legend Dave Brubeck has died
Jazz icon Dave Brubeck has died this morning in a Connecticut hospital one day short of his 92nd birthday.
Long-time manager-producer-conductor Russell Gloyd told The Chicago Tribune that Brubeck died of heart failure en route to "a regular treatment with his cardiologist."
Brubeck attained pop-star status over the course of his long career with songs such as "Blue Rondo a la Turk" and "Take Five" (which easily secured the #1 spot on our Jazz 100 list).
Blue Rondo a la Turk
Dave Brubeck on fighting communism with jazz