Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed December 5, 2012
Jazz legend Dave Brubeck has died
Jazz icon Dave Brubeck has died this morning in a Connecticut hospital one day short of his 92nd birthday.
Long-time manager-producer-conductor Russell Gloyd told The Chicago Tribune that Brubeck died of heart failure en route to "a regular treatment with his cardiologist."
Brubeck attained pop-star status over the course of his long career with songs such as "Blue Rondo a la Turk" and "Take Five" (which easily secured the #1 spot on our Jazz 100 list).
Blue Rondo a la Turk
Dave Brubeck on fighting communism with jazz