Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sun June 9, 2013
Jazz Northwest for June 9
Multi-instrumentalist Jay Thomas has two tunes with "Cantaloupe" in the title on his latest CD ("Cantaloupe Island" and "Cantaloupe Woman." His quartet has hence become known as "The Cantaloupes" and they've been playing many gigs around the area. We'll hear them this week on Jazz Northwest , plus a pair of Portland singers Mary Kadderly & Nancy King, Chris Amemiya and Jazz Coalescence, more - plus best bets for live jazz in the coming week including samples from an upcoming Brazilian Choro festival!
Jazz Northwest is produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88-5, KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.