Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun June 9, 2013
Jazz Northwest for June 9
Multi-instrumentalist Jay Thomas has two tunes with "Cantaloupe" in the title on his latest CD ("Cantaloupe Island" and "Cantaloupe Woman." His quartet has hence become known as "The Cantaloupes" and they've been playing many gigs around the area. We'll hear them this week on Jazz Northwest , plus a pair of Portland singers Mary Kadderly & Nancy King, Chris Amemiya and Jazz Coalescence, more - plus best bets for live jazz in the coming week including samples from an upcoming Brazilian Choro festival!
Jazz Northwest is produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88-5, KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.