Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Sun May 26, 2013
Jazz Northwest for May 26
The Sixth Annual Bellevue Jazz Festival starts next Wednesday and runs through the weekend. There will be more than 40 live free performances in restaurants and other public areas in downtown Bellevue, plus three headliner concerts featuring Carlos Cascante y su Tumbao, Kendrick Scott Oracle, and the Cyrus Chestnut Trio + Stefon Harris. This week we preview the festival and provide more info about other jazz events on Jazz Northwest.
We also remember pianist Joshua Wolff who began his too short but celebrated career in Seattle and ended last weekend in New York when he succumbed to cancer at the age of 39. There's also music this week with Chris Amemiya, Jay Thomas, Clipper Anderson and others.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program airs Sundays at 2 PM Pacific. A podcast of the program is also available at kplu.org following the broadcast.