Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 22, 2013
Jazz Northwest: Overton Berry Trio
Seattle jazz icon pianist Overton Berry leads his trio in an "Art of Jazz" concert in this week's episode.
Overton Berry is a member of the Seattle Jazz Hall of Fame and his career goes back for six decades not only in Seattle and the West Coast, but beyond to Hong Kong, Viet Nam, and elsewhere.
Joined in this concert by bassist Jeff Davies and drummer RickSpano, Overton Berry plays a variety of music from soul jazz classics, to ballads, Brazilian music and the classic "Hymn to Freedom" by Oscar Peterson.
The Art of Jazz concerts are presented by Earshot Jazz, John Gilbreath, Executive Director and the Seattle Art Museum on the second Thursday of each month, year 'round.
The next concert in the series will feature the Jonathan Pugh Quartet on January 9