Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 22, 2013
Jazz Northwest: Overton Berry Trio
Seattle jazz icon pianist Overton Berry leads his trio in an "Art of Jazz" concert in this week's episode.
Overton Berry is a member of the Seattle Jazz Hall of Fame and his career goes back for six decades not only in Seattle and the West Coast, but beyond to Hong Kong, Viet Nam, and elsewhere.
Joined in this concert by bassist Jeff Davies and drummer RickSpano, Overton Berry plays a variety of music from soul jazz classics, to ballads, Brazilian music and the classic "Hymn to Freedom" by Oscar Peterson.
The Art of Jazz concerts are presented by Earshot Jazz, John Gilbreath, Executive Director and the Seattle Art Museum on the second Thursday of each month, year 'round.
The next concert in the series will feature the Jonathan Pugh Quartet on January 9