Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Sun December 22, 2013
Jazz Northwest: Overton Berry Trio
Seattle jazz icon pianist Overton Berry leads his trio in an "Art of Jazz" concert in this week's episode.
Overton Berry is a member of the Seattle Jazz Hall of Fame and his career goes back for six decades not only in Seattle and the West Coast, but beyond to Hong Kong, Viet Nam, and elsewhere.
Joined in this concert by bassist Jeff Davies and drummer RickSpano, Overton Berry plays a variety of music from soul jazz classics, to ballads, Brazilian music and the classic "Hymn to Freedom" by Oscar Peterson.
The Art of Jazz concerts are presented by Earshot Jazz, John Gilbreath, Executive Director and the Seattle Art Museum on the second Thursday of each month, year 'round.
The next concert in the series will feature the Jonathan Pugh Quartet on January 9