Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Sun September 8, 2013
Jazz Northwest for September 8
Jazz Northwest this week will feature several new CDs by Northwest jazz artists, including former Seattle flutist and pianist Anne Drummond who has an active career in New York. Several artists appearing at this Sunday's Pony Boy Jazz Picnic have new or recent CDs on this show including The Greg Williamson Quartet, and Jay Thomas' neo Boogaloo band, the Cantaloupes.
Also included is a new CD with the Miles Black Trio and guest saxophonist Grant Stewart recorded at The Cellar Jazz Club in Vancouver, BC, plus news about some of the best bets for live jazz in the Seattle region next week.
Jazz Northwest airs Sundays at 2 PM Pacific and is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5, KPLU. The program is also available as a streaming podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.