Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Sun August 5, 2012
Jazz Port Townsend concert broadcast to feature "Dynamic Duos"
The first in a series of concert broadcasts from Centrum's Jazz Port Townsend features "Dynamic Duos" on KPLU's Jazz Northwest on Sunday, August 5 at 1 PM PDT. The three duos selected by Artistic Director John Clayton for this unique concert are trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Jiggs Whigham, guitarists Graham Dechter and Bruce Forman and drummers (drummists?) Jeff Hamilton and Matt Wilson.
The rhythm section accompanying the first two duos includes Tamir Hendelman (piano), Chuck Deardorf (bass) and Rodney Green (drums). This is the first of six concert performances recorded for Jazz Northwest at the long-running Jazz Port Townsend Festival which began in 1977. The festival is presented by Centrum on the last weekend of July each year. Next week on Jazz Northwest, The Festival All-Star Big Band plays the music of Johnny Mandel, conducted by Johnny Mandel.