Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
JBLM soldiers returning from Iraq
As of Tuesday, nearly all of Joint Base Lewis McChord's soldiers will have left Iraq.
This is the final large group to return from Iraq. Only about 100 other JBLM soldiers will remain in the country, and they'll be returning individually and in small groups via commercial air flights.
The soldiers returning Tuesday include:
- 40 Soldiers from the 520th Medical Company, 62nd Medical Brigade. The unit deployed in mid-June.
- 55 Soldiers from the 47th Combat Support Hospital, 62nd Medical Brigade. The unit deployed in July and August.
- 76 Soldiers from the 1-94 Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Fires Brigade. The unit deployed in June.