Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 21, 2013
Joe Locke-Thomas Marriott Quartet at Tula's on Jazz Northwest
Vibes master Joe Locke re-visted Seattle recently to play at Tula's with musical friends Thomas Marriott (trumpet, flugelhorn), Jeff Johnson (bass)and John Bishop (drums). Highlights from that appearance will air on Jazz Northwest, Sunday, July 21 at 2 PM PDT on 88.5 KPLU. The music includes mostly standards with one stellar original, "Verrazano Moon" by Joe Locke.
Internationally renown vibist Joe Locke tours widely but has a special connection with Seattle and has recorded on several occasions with these musicians and other Northwest residents. The recordings are available on the Seattle based Origin record label. Joe Locke's newest CD recently topped the JazzWeek poll of most-played nationally on jazz radio.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program airs in Western Washington and streams to the internet Sunday afternoons at 2 PM (Pacific). Jazz Northwest is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.