Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 21, 2013
Joe Locke-Thomas Marriott Quartet at Tula's on Jazz Northwest
Vibes master Joe Locke re-visted Seattle recently to play at Tula's with musical friends Thomas Marriott (trumpet, flugelhorn), Jeff Johnson (bass)and John Bishop (drums). Highlights from that appearance will air on Jazz Northwest, Sunday, July 21 at 2 PM PDT on 88.5 KPLU. The music includes mostly standards with one stellar original, "Verrazano Moon" by Joe Locke.
Internationally renown vibist Joe Locke tours widely but has a special connection with Seattle and has recorded on several occasions with these musicians and other Northwest residents. The recordings are available on the Seattle based Origin record label. Joe Locke's newest CD recently topped the JazzWeek poll of most-played nationally on jazz radio.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program airs in Western Washington and streams to the internet Sunday afternoons at 2 PM (Pacific). Jazz Northwest is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.