Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
John Pizzarelli: Always ‘on’, always John
We've said it before and we'll say it again: Having guitarist/vocalist/storyteller, John Pizzarelli, as a guest in the KPLU studios is always great fun. He loves making music, he loves telling stories and he loves entertaining his fans.
When he visited us recently for this performance/interview with Abe Beeson, several members of the KPLU Leadership Circle attended the event, and John Pizzarelli played to this small group the same way he'd play to a full house at Lincoln Center.
No matter the size of the group, he always gives his audience 100% of his great talent and unpredictable humor. In fact, he gave more than 100% this time!
After the studio session came to an end, the Leadership Circle members convened in the next room for a luncheon. Instead of eating with them, or rushing off, John Pizzarelli brought his guitar into the room and serenaded them while they ate. Ya shoulda been there!
Food for Thought