Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Mon March 14, 2011
John Pizzarelli: Always ‘on’, always John
We've said it before and we'll say it again: Having guitarist/vocalist/storyteller, John Pizzarelli, as a guest in the KPLU studios is always great fun. He loves making music, he loves telling stories and he loves entertaining his fans.
When he visited us recently for this performance/interview with Abe Beeson, several members of the KPLU Leadership Circle attended the event, and John Pizzarelli played to this small group the same way he'd play to a full house at Lincoln Center.
No matter the size of the group, he always gives his audience 100% of his great talent and unpredictable humor. In fact, he gave more than 100% this time!
After the studio session came to an end, the Leadership Circle members convened in the next room for a luncheon. Instead of eating with them, or rushing off, John Pizzarelli brought his guitar into the room and serenaded them while they ate. Ya shoulda been there!
Food for Thought