Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
John Pizzarelli's box lunch serenade
The only difference between John Pizzarelli and a real ham is...
A real ham can be cured. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
After a tuneful 20 minute live studio session with Abe Beeson last week, the singer, guitarist and son of famed rhythm guitar master Bucky Pizzarelli joined us for a box lunch in the KPLU offices.
Of course he brought his guitar and serenaded us with music from the Great American Songbook and his own compositions -- including his hilarious Garden State anthem I Love Jersey Best.
Knowing that Nancy was the number one Pizzarelli fangirl I made sure to alert her to this appearance. What I hadn't realized was that she and he had been corresponding for some time about food and cooking.
After lunch she, John and I stepped into a studio and recorded this Food for Thought. We had so much fun that I've made it into a two-parter.
I hope that listening, you'll feel yourself in the room with us as we all have great time chatting about food and music -- but of course, mostly food.