Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Jon Kitna hopes to coach at high school in Tacoma, Wash.
TACOMA, Wash. — After 15 years as an NFL quarterback, Jon Kitna hopes to return to his old high school in Tacoma as a coach.
The News Tribune reports he started Monday as a math teacher at his alma mater Lincoln High and applied for the open job of football coach. Athletic director Char Davenport said there were no other applicants and the position closes on Wednesday.
The 39-year-old Kitna received his math education degree at Central Washington University and played for NFL teams in Seattle, Cincinnati, Detroit and Dallas.