Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Jovino Santos Neto's Trio Plays Brazilian Music
A sun-washed Summer evening in the Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park provided a perfect setting for the infectious Brazilian music of Jovino Santos Neto for the Art of Jazz Concert this month. The concert was recorded for broadcast and will air Sunday, August 22 at 1 PM (PDT) on Jazz Northwest, 88.5, KPLU.
Jovino Santos Neto was born in Brazil and has become an important part of the Seattle music scene since he arrived here. With Jovino’s keyboards, flute, and melodica, Tim Carey electric bass and ukulele, and Jeff Busch’s exciting drums and percussion, it’s music for dancing in the sunshine!
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, exclusively for 88.5, KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast following the airdate.