Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
JPMorgan's losses 'may reach $9 billion'
Originally published on Thu June 28, 2012 4:42 am
First it was $2 billion.
Then "as high as $4 billion."
"Losses on JPMorgan Chase's bungled trade could total as much as $9 billion, far exceeding earlier public estimates, according to people who have been briefed on the situation."
The total has grown, according to the Times, "as the bank has been unwinding its positions."
It says the bank declined to comment.
As we reported last week, while he declined to tell Congress just how much the losses will end up being, JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon had a quip ready when asked if they might approach $1 trillion.
"Not unless this earth is hit by a moon," he said.
Protesting Wall Street
protesting wall street