Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
News & Music Contributors
Fri July 1, 2011
Kalebu guilty of murder, rape
A man accused in the sexual assault and stabbing of a lesbian couple in their Seattle home has been found guilty of aggravated murder, attempted murder, rape and burglary.
A King County County Superior Court jury convicted Isaiah Kalebu on Friday, two days after jurors began deliberations.
The 25-year-old faces life in prison for the July 2009 attack that killed Teresa Butz and injured her partner in Seattle's South Park neighborhood.
Kalebu was accused of slipping into the couple's home and repeatedly raping and stabbing them during a two-hour attack. Butz died naked and blood-soaked in the street in front of her home as neighbors tried to help.
Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty due to Kalebu's history of mental illness.