Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Sun April 20, 2014
Kendra Shank And John Stowell Performing At SAM
Former Seattle resident Kendra Shank now lives in New York, and John Stowell resides in Portland when he's not touring. They first performed together in Portland over twenty years ago but when they re-discovered how much they liked making music together, it resulted in a new CD "New York Conversations."
The duo is currently on a West Coast tour with 13 dates which began in Seattle with a concert at The Seattle Art Museum.
Kendra Shank, who studied with Jay Clayton in Seattle, augments her vocals with an electronic looper which allows her to record phrases and sing live with the recording, sometimes building several layers of vocals and electronic effects.