Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Fri September 2, 2011
Kitsap teacher charged with voyeurism, images on camera
BREMERTON, Wash. — A Central Kitsap School District teacher has been charged with voyeurism following an investigation that began when he was caught taking suspicious photos of women and girls last month at the Kitsap County Fair.
The Kitsap Sun reports 44-year-old Sean Steven Johnson appeared in district court Thursday and is jailed with bail set at $100,000. Court documents say investigators who searched his camera found nearly 1,200 pictures of women and girls, including some taken under tables and bleachers.
The school district says Johnson has been an elementary teacher since 1999 and is now on paid leave.