Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Reception Notice ...
Thu December 15, 2011
KPLU's West Seattle listeners may encounter reception problems
KPLU's long-time signal to West Seattle at 88.1 FM may encounter interference due to a new radio station broadcasting on that same frequency beginning Monday, December 19.
Because of terrain and distance, it's possible that some KPLU listeners in West Seattle will still be able to hear the station, but others may experience some signal disruption.
At the present time, KPLU is unable to do anything about the interference. However, the station has a license application in to the FCC to move its West Seattle signal to a new frequency.
In the meantime, if you live in West Seattle and encounter interference, try listening to us 88.5 FM or here online.
If you find that you are having problems hearing KPLU on Monday or thereafter, please leave a comment below. *Please include your email address so we can update you the status of our frequency change.
Thank you for listening!