Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
'Kurt Cobain Bridge' in Aberdeen?
ABERDEEN, Wash. — Residents of Kurt Cobain’s Washington state hometown will have a chance to weigh in on a proposal to rename a bridge after the late Nirvana front man. Public comment on renaming the Aberdeen bridge is expected at the July 27 city council meeting.
Some council members favor the proposal to rename the Young Street Bridge over the Wishkah River after the grunge rock musician and to call a small park next to the bridge Cobain Landing.
KXRO-AM reports others expect negative comments about memorializing Cobain because of his drug use, suicide and negative comments about his hometown.
On the web:
Here's a news video of the dedication of a guitar monument for Cobain in Aberdeen: