Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue September 14, 2010
Kyle Eastwood Quintet live on KPLU
As the son of actor/director/jazz fan, Clint Eastwood, Kyle Eastwood grew up listening to jazz. In this performance-interview hosted by Abe Beeson, Kyle talks about a childhood trip to The Monterey Jazz Festival and how hearing the Count Basie Big Band that day inspired him to become a bass player.
For the past few years, Eastwood’s home base has been in France. He and Abe discuss the differences between European and America music listeners … and how living in Europe has influenced Kyle’s music composition.
Eastwood wrote all three songs that are performed in this session. Marciac and Andalucia are from an as-yet-untitled CD that will be released in the near future. Song For You is included on his most recent release, Metropolitain.