Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue September 24, 2013
Larry Coryell and The Eleventh House Reunion Band
Forty years ago, a band called Eleventh House helped set the standard for what would become known as Jazz-Rock Fusion. The band consisted of Larry Coryell (guitar), Alphonse Mouzon (drums), Mike Mandel (keyboards), Danny Trifan (bass) and Randy Brecker (trumpet).
On this leg of the Eleventh House Reunion Tour, Mandel couldn’t make the gig so Larry brought in one of Seattle’s finest pianists, Marc Seales, to fill in.
As you’ll hear in this performance, Marc more than holds his own.
Hosted by Abe Beeson, the session consisted of three great songs by the band and some wonderful anecdotes from Larry Coryell about his youth as a Seattle rock ‘n roll guitarist and the formation of Eleventh House in the 1970’s.
You can also find our Studio Sessions available as a video podcast in iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kplu-studio-sessions-video/id657517777
KPLU Studio Sessions