Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sun May 20, 2012
Lary Barilleau & the Latin Jazz Collective
Percussionist Lary Barilleau leads his new Latin Jazz Collective on the next Jazz Northwest, Sunday, May 20 at 1 pm PDT on 88.5, KPLU. The concert was this month's installment of the Art of Jazz series presented by Earshot Jazz at The Seattle Art Museum. The quintet played music ranging from Latin Jazz classics to newer compositions by Lary Barilleau and Jay Thomas.
Lary Barilleau is a first-call percussionist on the regional scene and has performed widely on the West Coast as well as in New York. The Latin Jazz Collective includes multi-instrumentalist Jay Thomas, Eric Verlinde, piano, Jeff Norwood, bass and Ricardo Guity, congas. Lary Barilleau has recorded a new CD "Carmen's Mambo" with musicians from Seattle, San Francisco and New York which will be released later this year.
The Art of Jazz Series is presented by Earshot Jazz in cooperation with the Seattle Art Museum on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The concerts are free and open to the public. The next concert in the series will feature singer Reggie Goings on June 14. Concerts in July and August will take place outdoors at SAM's Olympic Sculpture Park on Elliott Bay.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, exclusively for KPLU. A podcast is available following the broadcast date.