Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu December 27, 2012
A Latin Jazz New Year's Eve
There's nothing quite like a Latin Jazz celebration of any occasion. It's the ultimate party music! If you're in Seattle, WA or in Oakland, CA, you can spend New Year's Eve with one of the masters of the Latin groove:
Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band at Jazz Alley, Seattle
Multiple Grammy award winner, and this year's Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from the Latin Grammys, Poncho and his band mix jazz, latin and soul for a tasty and dance-able feast.
Pete Escovedo & Sons Latin Jazz Orchestra at Yoshi's, Oakland
Pete Escovedo has been a major force in Latin music since the late 1960's, and his band features some of the finest players on the West coast, including members of his endlessly talented family.
Happy New Year! Stay tuned for more great Latin Jazz in 2013 on Jazz Caliente, Thursdays at 2pm on KPLU's Mid Day Jazz!