Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 5, 2011
Layoff notices to 166 Tacoma city employees
TACOMA, Wash. — Tacoma is notifying 166 city employees Monday their jobs could be cut as the city deals with a $23 million budget deficit.
The News Tribune reports the layoffs include 47 fire department employees and 48 police employees.
Retirement buy-outs and possible revenue enhancements are expected to reduce the number of eventual layoffs.