Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 11, 2012
LeMay Car Museum displays history and art of autos
The new LeMay Car Museum in Tacoma is a dream come true for car lovers. But it’s also worth a visit if you’re into art. The color and shape of the vehicles is a feast for the eyes, and there’s art history too, if you consider such things as hood ornaments and how they’ve changed over time.
Listen to this week’s Artscape by clicking the listen button above to get the full picture.
On the Web:
- The LeMay Car Museum
- Tacoma Museum of Glass (three artists from the glass museum worked with John Miller to design and make the glass hood ornaments)
- John Miller (glass artist)