Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 4, 2011
Loud jet? Just a Blue Angel's one-day visit
People in Seattle will hear a familiar noise from the sky tomorrow. The Navy's Blue Angel #7 is making a one-day visit, part of the preparation for Seafair's annual summer event.
The jet arrives between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon at Boeing Field. It will depart Thursday at noon.
According to a statement from Seafair, two members of the Navy's elite flying class will be on board the plane. KING-TV reports the new year brings various commemorations of a noteworthy Navy milestone:
The Blue Angels' performances at the 2011 Seafair will commemorate the centennial of naval aviation. The official kick-off will take place on February 10 in San Diego.
The 2011 Blue Angels summer Seafair visit is scheduled for August 5-7.