Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 4, 2011
Loud jet? Just a Blue Angel's one-day visit
People in Seattle will hear a familiar noise from the sky tomorrow. The Navy's Blue Angel #7 is making a one-day visit, part of the preparation for Seafair's annual summer event.
The jet arrives between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon at Boeing Field. It will depart Thursday at noon.
According to a statement from Seafair, two members of the Navy's elite flying class will be on board the plane. KING-TV reports the new year brings various commemorations of a noteworthy Navy milestone:
The Blue Angels' performances at the 2011 Seafair will commemorate the centennial of naval aviation. The official kick-off will take place on February 10 in San Diego.
The 2011 Blue Angels summer Seafair visit is scheduled for August 5-7.