Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed February 27, 2013
Make your own sourdough starter
I can't believe that Leson got that "natural" style starter to work. I've tried over and over again with no success. Her success encourages me. Maybe I'll try again.
I do have a rye starter I've used for years to make my NY deli rye bread but I made the starter with commercial yeast. It works fine but just for fun I'd like to do it the natural way.
"And malt does more than Milton can to justify God's ways to man."
– A.E. Housman