Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Make your own sourdough starter
I can't believe that Leson got that "natural" style starter to work. I've tried over and over again with no success. Her success encourages me. Maybe I'll try again.
I do have a rye starter I've used for years to make my NY deli rye bread but I made the starter with commercial yeast. It works fine but just for fun I'd like to do it the natural way.
"And malt does more than Milton can to justify God's ways to man."
– A.E. Housman