Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed February 27, 2013
Make your own sourdough starter
I can't believe that Leson got that "natural" style starter to work. I've tried over and over again with no success. Her success encourages me. Maybe I'll try again.
I do have a rye starter I've used for years to make my NY deli rye bread but I made the starter with commercial yeast. It works fine but just for fun I'd like to do it the natural way.
"And malt does more than Milton can to justify God's ways to man."
– A.E. Housman