Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Man falls off Mount Rainier cliff as son watches
A 59-year-old man was taking pictures with his son on a cliff above waterfalls in Mount Rainier when he fell and died.
Mount Rainier National Park spokesman Kevin Bacher says rangers are working on recovering Roger Alan Wagner's body Tuesday morning.
Bacher says Wagner of Ocala, Florida was on cliff above Christine Falls around 7 p.m. Monday when he fell 40 feet into the water below. By the time rangers arrived at the scene, it was too dark to retrieve the body.
During the night, Wagner's body was swept over the 69-foot double falls, coming to rest 100 yards downstream.