Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
McKenna, Inslee meeting for high-profile debate
Washington's candidates for governor are preparing to meet in their highest-profile debate.
Democrat Jay Inslee and Republican Rob McKenna will discuss the issues Thursday night in Seattle. The event will begin at 9 p.m., shortly after the conclusion of the vice presidential debate.
The latest meeting of the candidates will air live on five Seattle-area television stations, along with several other stations in the region. A final debate will be held on October 16.
Polls indicate that the race remains competitive, with an Elway Poll in September showing the candidates running about even.