Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 28, 2012
McKenna says he won't release tax returns
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna says he will not release any of his tax returns, calling the matter a distraction from important issues.
McKenna said Tuesday that he has disclosed enough information in the personal financial forms that candidates file with the state. He called the tax-return debate a "phony issue."
Democratic rival Jay Inslee released five years of tax returns last week. Inslee's campaign has been calling on McKenna to release tax returns