Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue March 6, 2012
Miss Seattle apologizes for city-bashing tweet
The newly crowned Miss Seattle says she was just having a bad day back in December when she tweeted, "Ugh can't stand cold rainy Seattle and the annoying people."
Since winning the pageant on Saturday, Jean-Sun Hannah Ahn has said she was just complaining about the weather like any Seattle native and didn't mean that people in Seattle are annoying.
She is a former Miss Phoenix who graduated from Arizona State University. Ahn told KIRO-FM she was in a transition period three months ago, missing friends and sunshine.
She says she learned a valuable lesson.
She tweeted on Monday that: "I really do love Seattle ... the summers are to die for."
Miss Seattle represents the city this summer at the Miss Washington Pageant.