Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Tue March 6, 2012
Miss Seattle apologizes for city-bashing tweet
The newly crowned Miss Seattle says she was just having a bad day back in December when she tweeted, "Ugh can't stand cold rainy Seattle and the annoying people."
Since winning the pageant on Saturday, Jean-Sun Hannah Ahn has said she was just complaining about the weather like any Seattle native and didn't mean that people in Seattle are annoying.
She is a former Miss Phoenix who graduated from Arizona State University. Ahn told KIRO-FM she was in a transition period three months ago, missing friends and sunshine.
She says she learned a valuable lesson.
She tweeted on Monday that: "I really do love Seattle ... the summers are to die for."
Miss Seattle represents the city this summer at the Miss Washington Pageant.