Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Most lights on again across San Juan Islands
KPLU Staff update at 4:32 pm, Monday
The light are on again for more than 9,000 Orcas Power and Light customers in the San Juan Islands. A late morning outage was caused by a problem at a substation operated by the Bonneville Power Administration.
Power has been restored to all members with the exception of scattered areas of San Juan Island. Outage was caused by equipment failure at the BPA transmission station.
It took a couple hours longer to restore power than had been anticipated. Most service was restored after 4 pm this afternoon.
Customers on San Juan, Orcas and Shaw islands were affected.
Lopez Island did not lose power.