Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 18, 2011
Mow your lawn, or else, in Cosmopolis, Wash.
COSMOPOLIS, Wash. – The Cosmopolis City Council has passed a new law on lawns. The height limit is 8 inches.
The short grass ordinance takes effect Aug. 22. Offenders will have two weeks from receiving notice to mow. Otherwise they could be fined up to $200 a day.
If a shaggy lawn is not mowed in 30 days, the city may mow it and put a lien on the home for the cost.
KBKW reports Mayor Vickie Raines doesn't like the cutting ordinance. She says there are times when the city's own cemetery isn't mowed.