Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 18, 2011
Mow your lawn, or else, in Cosmopolis, Wash.
COSMOPOLIS, Wash. – The Cosmopolis City Council has passed a new law on lawns. The height limit is 8 inches.
The short grass ordinance takes effect Aug. 22. Offenders will have two weeks from receiving notice to mow. Otherwise they could be fined up to $200 a day.
If a shaggy lawn is not mowed in 30 days, the city may mow it and put a lien on the home for the cost.
KBKW reports Mayor Vickie Raines doesn't like the cutting ordinance. She says there are times when the city's own cemetery isn't mowed.