Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Mow your lawn, or else, in Cosmopolis, Wash.
COSMOPOLIS, Wash. – The Cosmopolis City Council has passed a new law on lawns. The height limit is 8 inches.
The short grass ordinance takes effect Aug. 22. Offenders will have two weeks from receiving notice to mow. Otherwise they could be fined up to $200 a day.
If a shaggy lawn is not mowed in 30 days, the city may mow it and put a lien on the home for the cost.
KBKW reports Mayor Vickie Raines doesn't like the cutting ordinance. She says there are times when the city's own cemetery isn't mowed.