Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Music from Esperanza Spalding & Hailey Niswanger
Jazz Northwest this week (4/29) features two outstanding young women originally from Portland who have new jazz CDs. They are Esperanza Spalding and Hailey Niswanger, both in their twenties. Esperanza Spalding sings and plays "City of Roses", a musical portrait of her hometown, There's also an unusual duo with Tom Varner, French horn, and Bill Anschell, piano from a recent concert, plus Chuck Deardorf, Chad McCullough and others. There's also updates about upcoming live jazz gigs around Seattle.
Jazz Northwest is heard each Sunday at 1 for on 88.5, KPLU. The program is produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for KPLU and is also available as a podcast at kplu.org after the airdate.