Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 10, 2013
Naked woman missing in SW Washington forest
Deputies are searching for a woman missing in a southwest Washington national forest who is naked because she was going on a spiritual quest.
Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox told The Columbian the 19-year-old Vancouver woman was wearing only a fanny pack with a compass and a knife about 5 p.m. Sunday when she left the Canyon Creek Campground in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
She was supposed to return that night. A friend reported her missing around midnight.
Cox says the weather in the area has been mild with overnight temperatures in the lower 50s