Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed December 19, 2012
Nancy Leson lukewarm on hot sake
I knew going in that I knew next to nothing about sake. As it turned out I didn't even know that much.
Never having had so much as one sip of the stuff, the one thing I thought I knew was that you drink it hot. In this week's Food for Thought Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson sets me straight.
"It adds to our pleasure if, while chatting at our ease, we bring forth the wine cups."
– Yoshida Kenko, 1330