Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed December 19, 2012
Nancy Leson lukewarm on hot sake
I knew going in that I knew next to nothing about sake. As it turned out I didn't even know that much.
Never having had so much as one sip of the stuff, the one thing I thought I knew was that you drink it hot. In this week's Food for Thought Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson sets me straight.
"It adds to our pleasure if, while chatting at our ease, we bring forth the wine cups."
– Yoshida Kenko, 1330