Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed December 15, 2010
Nancy's French Adventures
Seattle Times Food Writer Nancy Leson is back from her KPLU Travel Club trip to Paris, where she ate…and ate…and, well, you get the idea.
On this week's Food for Thought, Nancy tells KPLU's Dick Stein all about her trip, the tasty tidbits she got to try, and why she prefers coffee in France to coffee in Seattle.
(Click on the audio 'play' arrow above to listen to Nancy and Dick's conversation)
The Travel Club had a blast, with Nancy leading tour. They sampled oysters, and chocolate (of a kind you cannot get in the U.S.), and bread.
Ahh, the bread: Nancy says she enjoys the loaves of the artisan bakers of Seattle and northwest to those of France. Do you think she's right? She and Dick invite your comments here.