Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 5, 2012
National group airs TV ad against Jay Inslee
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Republican Governors Association has started airing its first television ad against Democrat Jay Inslee in Washington state, where the former U.S. representative is running for governor against Republican Attorney General Rob McKenna.
The 31-second ad criticizes the former U.S. representative for his votes while in Congress, including the $800 billion national stimulus package that was passed in 2009.
RGA spokesman Mike Schrimpf wouldn't reveal how much was spent to air the ad or how long it will run, other than to say that it would be running statewide. The seattlepi.com reported Wednesday that the RGA has bought $400,000 worth of time on KING-TV during the next week, and is also airing the spot on KIRO.