Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 5, 2012
National group airs TV ad against Jay Inslee
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Republican Governors Association has started airing its first television ad against Democrat Jay Inslee in Washington state, where the former U.S. representative is running for governor against Republican Attorney General Rob McKenna.
The 31-second ad criticizes the former U.S. representative for his votes while in Congress, including the $800 billion national stimulus package that was passed in 2009.
RGA spokesman Mike Schrimpf wouldn't reveal how much was spent to air the ad or how long it will run, other than to say that it would be running statewide. The seattlepi.com reported Wednesday that the RGA has bought $400,000 worth of time on KING-TV during the next week, and is also airing the spot on KIRO.